Wooping cough is usually easy to diagnose. A cotton swab on the end of a wire is inserted through the nostril into the nasopharynx (the breathing tube behind the nose), and then cultured to look for bacteria. Most of the time, the bacteria will show up on this test.
Causes of Whooping Cough;
It can take one to three weeks for signs and symptoms to appear. Initial symptoms for Whooping cough are as follows;
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Red, watery eyes
- A mild fever
- Dry cough
Whooping cough is caused by bacteria. When an infected person coughs or sneezes, tiny germ-laden droplets are sprayed into the air and breathed into the lungs of anyone who happens to be nearby.
If the whooping cough vaccine you receive as a child eventually wears off. This leaves most teenagers and adults susceptible to the infection during an outbreak.
Home Remedies for Whooping Cough - Treatment;
The whooping cough can be passed on from one individual to the other very easily, because of the highly contagious nature of the disease. modifications to your diet and eating habits can help with recovery. The main aim of dietary changes is to ensure adequate nutrition and to prevent dehydration.
- Vitamin C supplements and bioflavanoids could also help boost immunity, as well as essential minerals like zinc.
- Aromatherapy and steam inhalation can help in the treatment of a whooping cough considerably. Add a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint essential oils to a basin of steaming water for inhalation.
- Salt water gargles can help to provide relief from a sore throat if there is any throat irritation and inflammation.
- Consumption of a mixture of ginger juice extract with honey will also help to relieve throat irritation and inflammation.
- Chest rubs with essential oils like eucalyptus, rosemary or camphor can also help in the treatment of a whooping cough, but you need to dilute these oils
- Humidifier with Essential Oils
- Garlic Syrup, 1 pound garlic, peeled and chopped, apple cider vinegar, water, honey, Place chopped garlic in a quart jar and cover with 1/2 water and 1/2 apple cider vinegar to fill the jar. Infuse for four days (or more), shaking often
You must see a doctor or call your doctor if prolonged coughing spells cause you or your child to Vomit, Turn red or blue or Inhale with a whooping sound. You need to be particularly cautious in the treatment of children and babies, and should seek immediate medical attention
This book takes you by the hand, and shows you step by step one of the easiest and most unique methods to how to stop "Cough".